Saturday, October 27, 2018

Iterative art - Stranger Things

Generative art is good when our job is to design and create something new every day.  However, I do believe it's more successfully executed by more advanced artists.  Not to say that it's not worth experimenting with.  However in this class I would like to emphasize the idea of producing iterative art instead.  It is also a part of design that is important and I believe it's a faster path to a successful piece of art for the general public audience to grab.

This is because they are already familiar with the source material.  Check out the iterative poster art made for Netflix's Stranger Things using popular 1980's films as a reference source.  Enjoy!

Try this Heidi:

https://www.highsnobiety.com/2017/09/15/stranger-things-80s-movie-posters/

These are also amusing.

https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/daredevil-season-2-caravaggio-posters/


1 comment:

  1. I like this idea! Also helps make the idea of a "poster" feel less "graphic-designey", which I've been grappling with these weeks.

    The Stranger things posters at this link are locked behind a paywall for me.

    ReplyDelete